Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Beckam Zachary

Beckam made his grand arrival June 8th at 9:41 PM. His arrival was well, very unexpected. I had just had an appointment with Dr.Wright that morning, which I was 2 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced. Dr.Wright was leaving for vacation the next day for 2 weeks and kept saying I'm going to have this baby while he's gone. So I left a little upset and discouraged, thinking I still had another 2 weeks and I would have to have a different doctor.

My mom and I decided to go to Madison for the rest of the day and while in JCPenneys I started to feel really, really crampy. I went with my mom into a dressing room inside JCP and when I went to stand up, I felt the gush of water, totally soaking Whitney's (haha) leggings I was wearing and the whole butt of my dress. So we made a mad dash for home...until we were caught in a hailstorm in Lone Rock and forced to pull into a wayside.

I checked into the hospital around 6:30 PM and had Beckam at 9:41 PM. Right after he was born, I had to have surgery immediately after for I dilated too fast. But Beckam weighed 6 lbs 5 oz and was 20 inches long and had a head full of dark, dark brown hair. He was, and still is, very alert and wide eyed. He's absolutely perfect!


Beckam at 1 week old (pictures thanks to "aunt" Sandi)


Beckam at 2 weeks....coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment