Thursday, March 10, 2011

As I wait for my microbio class to start, I was perusing my stats and I've had 146 hits in the past 3 days! Blimey! 144 within the States and 2 from Germany (I bet I can guess who that is (Julia)!) And someone even accessed my blog from an ipad, crazy! Well I hope the 146 of you who have viewed my blog liked it so far and if you didn't well no one forced you to look.
Anywho, my midterms are going GREAT so far. I aced my trig quiz this week and have a test in there next week and my calc test tomorrow. And I received another A+ on my english portfolio, which I am really proud of for it is an upper classmen english course and something that I want to pursue as a career.
But of course, I don't get money for my oh-so excellent grades like Alec does, which seems unfair but C'est la vie.
Below is a piece from my portfolio and where we had to write a creative non-fiction poem about something cluttered in our lives. So I chose the spare bedroom, which is actually suppose to be baby Beckam's intended nursery....as you read you can tell we have alot of work to do before we can put a crib in there. So hopefully this will help MOTIVATE my mother to start cleaning it out.

The Endeavor to the Sleigh Bed
There’s a beautiful, cherry wood sleigh bed against the far wall in the spare bedroom.
No one would know of its existence for it is hidden with vibrant prom dresses, tattered clothes for the next garage sale, birthday presents for unexpected parties, and books piled high in each one of its corners.
To even open the oak wood door to the room is a strenuous challenge in itself.
If one is lucky the toy car ramps were put back instead of jamming the entryway…if not, well, then push with your entire mite.
Once the door is open, a frightening blue paper-Mache mask looms as a warning sign against the wall.
To even start the journey to the bed, one has to maneuver around the toy Nerf guns that lay scattered against the walls and dart the minuscule matchbox cars that are spilled across the floor.
If one survives this without stubbed toes and curse words, then the next task is making it past the closet.
As you pass the black abyss of a closet, you hear rustling from inside.
Do you dare to look?
A jumble of unused baby clothes and a clutter of hangers catch your eye but then you notice movement within the piles of spare blankets and linens.
Curiosity killed the cat, but you matter-of-factly know a cat couldn’t possibly be in there.
As you cautiously peel back the top layer of blanket a brown, round shaped face pokes out at you.
Ah, it is only the adorable face of Apple Sauce, our family’s chihuahua.
You replace the blanket and bid her adieu and carry on with your journey.
Finally, the brave explorer reaches the bed and finds the beautiful, matching cherry wood nightstand.
Above are mounted mismatched children’s artworks from school, framed yet too unsightly to put elsewhere in the house.
The quest back will be easier, my friend.
One just needs willpower.
Imagine the clean, uncluttered world outside that oak wood door and find the energy to venture back.
You already know the path and obstacles so go on.
As you tip toe around the closet, fast step over the matchbox cars, you are now homeward bound.
Ah, freedom!
You close the oak wood door, and lay satisfied on the couch.
As you lay, relief setting in, you soon realize you forgot to grab the bag of clothes on that beautiful, cherry wood sleigh bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment