Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Baby Boy!


Yes, that's my little guy in the picture! Due June 26. And yes, he was a "surprise" but he's the best surprise ever. The doctor said he was one active and lively baby so getting a good picture of his face was a challenge but was able to get a video of him mid-yawn.
The doctor and Destiny informed me that he has a strong heart so yay! The doctor also commented on the little guy's long and lanky legs, which are constantly kicking me. As for now, they are light love taps but I've been informed that later on I will come to agonize them.

As for me, I transferred to UW-Richland so I could be back home. I needed to get out of Rochester, even if he wasn't on the way...I missed my family way too much! I was originally suppose to transfer to UW-Point at semester but realized that Point wasn't the best school for a pre-med student. So UW-Richland it was! And I'm actually really pleased I did. It felt amazing to attend a college that actually felt like a real college. And it is here where I fell back in love with English. I tested into English 203, which is a sophomore creative writing class, and I was nervous about it first for I wasn't a poetry or drama fanatic but this course opened my heart up and the professor, ah I love her! She is so dedicated to English, it's so admirable. So, I have officially changed my major to English. Now I strive to become an English Professor but first I'll have to get my Bachelor's in Secondary Education. Which I will be continuing school after the baby arrives. I have a great support system and I thank my family so much for giving me the opportunity to raise my son and continue my education, I love you guys so much, words can't describe it. I'll post below a little iambic beat poem I wrote for one of my english profiles.

As for other news, I started a new job at Family Video. I like it so far, I get great deals on movies! I get new releases 5 days before the public...for free! So movie night galore at Walters house!

Lullaby
Though I haven’t met you,
I love you.
You are my world,
my purpose for living.
Though you keep me up at night
and kick me harshly,
I grin from ear to ear
just to know you are there.
Though I don’t know what you look like,
I have clothes for you in every color,
a nursery decked out in blue,
and a beautiful name for you.
Though there are four more months
until your grand arrival,
I count the days until I meet you,
my baby boy Beckam.

No comments:

Post a Comment