Sunday, March 13, 2011

I love my job!

Preface: As I write this post, I'm currently ignoring my microbio homework to watch "500 Days of Summer", great movie by the way, and I've watched this movie about 3 times in the past week and just now noticed this quote in the beginning:
"Author's note: The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Especially you Jenny Beckman. Bitch."
I love it.

So I had my second day at Family Video and I love it there! My boss is fantastic and very amusing and told me I was one of his favorite trainees and was impressed at how fast I picked up the system. One my first day I didn't think I'd be signing up new members, giving store tours, or even be ringing up people, especially on a busy Saturday. My boss actually just let me and the other new trainee have at it with the customers and jumped in when we needed help...it was awesome! He even left to get toilet paper at wal-mart (restroom was out) and left us two trainees to run the store and we did just fine. I can't wait until I work again, which is Friday. I'm only able to work Tuesdays, Thursdays, and weekends but this week I have two appointments which happen to be Tuesday and Thursday.
Since I get new releases 5 days before the public, I picked up The Fighter in bluray for dad, The Switch for a family movie tonight, and the game Home Front for Alec but he informed me he hates war games...so much for that.
Just a funny side note about work, I literally had 5 people comment on my baby bump...I didn't even think it was that noticeable! First guy awkwardly says," When do you pop?", right in front of my boss, which I haven't exactly told yet. Then a woman asked when I was due when I was giving her a store tour. Darn, I really thought I was doing a great job disguising it. Ah, oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment